Back when my online business consisted ONLY of affiliate
sites, I had no need for a personal assistant.
The sites were all in place, and my affiliated merchants
handled everything related to orders.
Last week, one of my clients mentioned that he was moving
AWAY from selling his own products to promoting more
affiliate programs just for the simplicity and freedom.
Yup, he definitely 'gets' it.
Although there are many, many benefits to promoting
affiliate programs with your own home-based Internet
business, here are my top 10 reasons to become an affiliate
1. No Product Development Costs - The cost to develop and
produce a new product is expensive! But you needn't worry
about that as an affiliate.
2. Low Cost Set-up - Got a desk, Internet-connected computer
and word-processing software? You're in business!
3. No Fees or Geographic Limits on Distribution - Affiliate
programs are usually free to join, and market reach is
limited only by the affiliate's ability to promote his or
her web site.
4. Choose From Thousands of Products and Services - What
isn't sold online? With affiliate networks like Commission
Junction, it's easy to find products
related to your current or planned web site.
5. No Merchant Account Required - Forget the problems
associated with collecting and storing names, addresses,
credit card numbers, etc. The merchant handles all payment
processing, so you never have to lose sleep over
chargebacks, fraud or losing your merchant account.
6. No Inventory to Carry - Even if you live in a small
one-bedroom apartment, you can sell large items without
7. No Shipping Costs - Don't worry about buying packing
supplies or postal rates. The cost and hassle to prepare and
ship products to customers worldwide belongs to the
8. No Customer Concerns - Do you hate the prospect of dealing
with nasty people? Don't worry about it! The merchant
handles the snivelers.
9. Make Money While You Sleep - What other business allows
you as a sole proprietor to keep your doors open and keep
making money even when you take breaks or after you go home
for the night?
10. High Income Potential - With your own affiliate
business your income potential is limited only by your
desire, effort and imagination - not your boss.
Relatively low outlay of resources with huge potential
returns truly makes affiliate marketing on the Internet
an outstanding business opportunity.